NEATH PORT TALBOT CBC - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
From the 25th May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) will govern how we deal with your information.
This Privacy Notice sets out: (1) how we use your information; and (2) the new rights you will have in relation to your information from 25th May 2018.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council is the data controller (for the purposes of the GDPR) in relation to the personal data that we hold.
INFORMATION WE HOLD:
The information we hold will be personal information and/or business information as detailed below.
In order to support you as a potential new business/existing business we need to collect and hold personal information about you. This could include:
- Position in business
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail addresses
How we use your personal information
Personal information collected will be used to contact you:
- Regarding an enquiry that you have made to the Team
- To inform you of potential support that may be available to assist you
- To provide you with information relevant to your enquiry
- Where relevant to process and manage tenancies at Sandfields Business Centre
- Where relevant to invite and process applications to events organised by the Economic Development Service
In relation to your business or business idea, the following is held:
- Business name
- Business address
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Website and social media addresses
- Business type
- Business sector
- Number employed
- Financial information
- Information relating to any regulatory or statutory requirements such as food hygiene ratings, environmental health, etc. as appropriate.
- Details of our contact with you
We will collect and hold information about your business and the detail of our contacts with you in order to:
- Respond to enquiries
- Process, evaluate and monitor funding applications
- Send you, with your consent, information (e.g. newsletters, events, training, etc.) which may be relevant to your business
- With your consent to promote your business on the NPT CBC Business Directory
- Maintain an up to date profile of business activity in the County Borough
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans – locally, regionally and nationally
- Review and inform future services provided
- Report on internal performance indicators
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
We will process your information on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform a public task in delivering economic development services.
We will continue to hold your information for the lifetime of your business or until you request to be removed from the mailing list and/or Business Directory listing by emailing email@example.com
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be retained as long as your business is located in, and operates from Neath Port Talbot County Borough.
If your business ceases to trade, or moves out of the County Borough, your information will be retained for sufficient time to enable us to respond to any questions that may arise as a result.
Where your business has received grant funding your information will be retained as above and for up to a further six years in line with the council’s document retention policy.
When your information is no longer required, it will be securely destroyed.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The information may be shared with other departments of the Council:
- in processing, evaluating and monitoring funding applications
- in processing applications for events
- in assessing potential projects
- at the request of other departments to fulfil their obligations
We will not share your information with external third parties without your express agreement. However, your information may be shared with other organisations where we have a legal obligation to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
The GDPR gives you a number of rights in relation to your information including the following:
- You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and a description of how we use that information.
- If you believe that any information we hold on you may be inaccurate or incomplete and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies.
- You can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances (excluding where the time limitations relating to funding received have not expired, queries may arise relating to your business ceasing to trade or operate in Neath Port Talbot).
- You can require us to restrict the use of your information in certain circumstances.
- Where we process your information to perform a public task, you can object to us processing your information in certain circumstances.
- Where you have given consent to us to process your information for particular purposes (e.g. to send you newsletters, details of events, etc.) you may withdraw this consent at any time.
REVISIONS TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. We will notify you in writing of any updates.
HOW TO CONTACT US
In the event of any queries regarding use of your personal data or to make any complaint regarding the collection please contact the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council’s Data Protection Officer Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ.