Business Start-up Advice
Starting a new business can be both an exciting and rewarding step, and in Neath Port Talbot Council, we recognise that start-up businesses play an important role to our local economy. As a start-up, you not only offer job creation, but also innovation and new ways of working, and improving the area.
A part of the Economic Development Team’s aim is to assist businesses throughout the whole start-up process. We offer support in many different shape and forms, such as;
- Access to start-up workshops and courses designed to provide practical business skills training.
- Identifying appropriate funding and support to help you apply.
- Information on business premises.
- A “Start Up” Information Pack tailored to your business needs.
- Referral to practical workshops, seminars and support, i.e. bookkeeping, customer care skills, winning new business, etc., once trading.
- Ongoing support as the business develops.
Start-up Grant - Our business grants are available to assist new business start-ups with projects ONLY where they do not meet the eligibility criteria for other grant sources, such as Welsh Government. The funding is available to businesses operating on both a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time businesses must be operational for at least 16 hours per week. Funds are discretionary and applications considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please email email@example.com
“This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.”