Turning an idea into a successful business can be challenging. You need business and financial planning skills, affordable premises and access to sufficient funds to get through the early trading period.
Neath Port Talbot Council’s Innov8 programme provides a range of support and advice to people aged 18+ on starting, developing and growing a business including:
- Access to start-up workshops and courses designed to provide practical business skills training.
- Identifying appropriate funding and support to help you apply.
- Information on business premises.
- A “Start Up” Information Pack tailored to your business needs.
- Referral to practical workshops, seminars and support, i.e. bookkeeping, customer care skills, winning new business, etc., once trading.
- Ongoing support as the business develops.
The programme provides grant support to cover up to 50% of eligible start up costs up to a maximum of £1,000. All capital costs (with the exclusion of vehicles) are eligible as well as pre-start costs such as stock, overheads and marketing.
Funding is subject to the client setting up their business within Neath Port Talbot and successfully completing a recognised start up course. Details of courses will be discussed as part of the application process.
To find out more about Innov8, contact Kevin Lugg at Sandfields Young Business Centre on 01639 765695 or email: Business Services